FACULTY OF EARTH SCIENCE
The main objective of this program toward graduates is producing geology experts who are competitive in global market, having high integrity, responsive to changes on geological issues and technology development that are faced by the society, able to develop eco-friendly geological sciences, able to develop professionalism in geology fields, and having scientific analysis in solving problems.
The Faculty of Earth Science currently offers Bachelor degree in the following areas of specialization as shown below:
1. BSc in Geology
Objectives of Geology Programmes
- To provide training in Geology by an efficient combination of theory, practical and field classes and research Project.
- To produce geology graduates with theoretical knowledge and practical skills and field techniques in both basic and applied geology.
- To produce geology graduates who have good knowledge in the most important new developments in the geological sciences.
- To provide a broadly based programme so that it provides employment opportunities in geology and related fields.
- To provide general education courses in earth science allowing interested candidates to acquire basic knowledge in this area which controls the economy and the development of most countries in the world and Somaliland in particular?